Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Favorite Things

Heidi Daus designs this dramatic necklace, with faceted jasper beads
and carved onyx scarab.

Rachel Zoe's fun faux is "Major for Fall"

Kathy Van Zeeland's Rock n' Roll handbags.


Judith Ripka's spectacular sterling curb bracelet.


With the holidays coming, maybe you'll forgive me for featuring some of my favorite finds and gift ideas. In my travels I’ve come across some real treasures that give me joy whenever I wear them, and I’m constantly asked “Where did you get that?” My good friend R.A.B. and I laugh, but we’re serious when we say we’re no longer buying anything that isn’t Rock n’ Roll.

A few years ago, I discovered some beyond-great crystal jewelry designed by Heidi Daus. It’s exquisitely crafted, in a heavy bronze finished metal, and conjures Art Deco and flora and fauna in all their sparkling majesty. Amazingly, she features a line on HSN that’s priced at a fraction of what it would be out in the retail market. Heidi is passionate about her work, and it shows in every beautifully-crafted jewel. These pieces have whimsy and “POW!” all at once. Serious star power and Rock n’ Roll glam.

Ok, when did Fur become cool again? I’m sorry, I know they’re already dead, but I wouldn’t even wear a vintage genuine fur. Why would you carry that bad Karma when you can own fabulous faux creations that look better than the real thing, for pennies on the dollar? Rachel Zoe, famous celebrity stylist, has a great line of “fur” vests on QVC that are so cute and fun to wear. I like the shorter “Fox” ones with the luxurious collar and hidden pockets. I also like Kathy Van Zeeland's handbags; if you live in Dubai or Paris you're in luck, or you can shop online and save thousands of dollars.

I’m going to need to hide my credit card from myself, because QVC strikes again with the famous and ridiculously successful Judith Ripka sterling jewelry. As if her two stores on Madison Avenue weren’t enough. I really think her exclusive line of sterling jewelry for QVC is some of the best, most versatile jewelry available today. It’s very “Uptown” while still Rock n’ Roll.

So, Girlfriends (and Guys—hint, hint!), go easy on the plastic, and have some fun getting glamorous things for the holidays. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment